Humane Society of Central Texas
2032 Circle Rd. * Waco, TX 76706 * 254-754-1454
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Central Texas is committed to improving
the quality of life for animals and people in Central Texas through
humane sheltering, community education and advocacy on behalf of all animals.
EVERY DOLLAR HELPS IN OUR MISSION TO SAVE THE LIVES OF SHELTER PETS!
Your donations help us reunite lost pets with their family.
WHAT SHOULD I DO FIRST IF
I HAVE LOST OR FOUND A PET?
1. CONTACT THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS!
a. Call the Humane Society of Central Texas at 254-754-1454 to record your information on our Lost Pet Report Log at the front desk.
b. Send an email to HSCTLostandFound@yahoo.com with a full description and attach a photo. You will still need to visit the shelter, but this is a great way to help get the word out.
c. Submit a Lost Pet flyer with the Humane Society of Central Texas, available at no charge in our lobby. Bring your own printed photo that you can attach to the Lost Pet flyer – a pet’s photo helps increase your chances of finding your pet.
d. Post to our FACEBOOK page: Waco Humane Society
LOST pet with a photo
- or -
FOUND pet requesting a description
2. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL IMMEDIATELY! Ask if they picked up your animal, and if they brought the animal to the Humane Society of Central Texas or some other facility. Most cities are contracted with us, but a few are not.
a. Bellmead 799-8005
b. Beverly Hills 752-2584
c. Hewitt 666-6272
d. Lacy Lakeview 799-2479
e. Mart 876-2565
f. McGregor 840-2855
g. Robinson 662-0525
h. Waco 750-7500
i. Woodway 722-4470
3. COME TO THE SHELTER EVERYDAY! You are still responsible for coming to the shelter to look for your pet. We can take in hundreds of animals and you are the best one to ID your own pet!
4. POST COPIES OF LOST PET FLYER. You are welcome to take a Lost Pet flyer and makes copies of it… post copies at vet offices, convenience stores and other high-traffic businesses near your home, and also to hand out to your neighbors! Post the LOST PET poster to your vehicle's windows for more exposure! KNOCK ON NEIGHBORS' DOORS... PETS ARE USUALLY FOUND WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE OF THEIR HOME. Post signs to your vehicle (back and sides) while you are posting flyers so people can slow down to read the signs.
5. NEWSPAPER ADS: The Waco Tribune will run no-cost ads for FOUND pets. There is a charge for LOST PETS, so check for rates with the paper. You may also want to check out local communities papers.
6. POSTING ONLINE: Check or post online at free sites like Craigslist.com, but be wary of scammers. When posting a FOUND PET, do not give a lot of details but put “CALL OR EMAIL TO DESCRIBE” and make the person on the other end describe the gender, if wearing a collar, special markings, etc. When posting a LOST PET, you are welcome to use the Waco Humane Society as a meeting place to pick up the pet.
REMEMBER: A spayed or neutered pet is LESS LIKELY to roam, run away, get in fights with other pets or people, and is typically a healthier, happier pet. You also won’t have to worry about a new litter of puppies or kittens! Please spay or neuter your pet!
MICROCHIPS SAVE LIVES! We offer low-cost microchip ($20 plus tax) for ANY pet in Central Texas!